The Resource Center is proud to host and sponsor many social, discussion, and support groups for women. If you are looking to socialize, discuss various topics and issues, or seek support, the North County LGBTQ Resource Center has something for you.
Below is a list of the various women’s groups offered at the Resource Center. All events and groups take place at the Resource Center and are free unless otherwise noted. Please contact us at 760-994-1690 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Christie’s Place is a leading nonprofit social service organization in San Diego County that provides comprehensive HIV/AIDS education, support, and advocacy to women, children and families impacted by HIV/AIDS. Our mission is to empower our clients to take charge of their health and well-being. Transforming lives since 1996, we are the only organization in San Diego whose mission is dedicated to serving women, children and families infected and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Our integrity, expertise, and longstanding foundation in the community, along with the delivery of family-centered and comprehensive social services, cultivates hope and empowers women, children and families impacted by HIV/AIDS. The strength and values behind Christie’s Place represent our long-term commitment to AIDS and our ability to respond effectively and directly to evolving needs.
Click here for additional information regarding Christie’s Place.
Agency goals include:
- Provide social & supportive services to assist women & families with children in maintaining and/or improving their personal health status and quality of life.
- Foster self-empowerment and develop leadership skills for women. Educate and encourage women to take an active role in their own care and treatment, and in planning for services.
- Increase access to health care.
- Develop strategies to overcome real and perceived barriers to the system of care.
- Provide basic needs assistance so that women and children can focus on their medical care and treatment.
- Mobilize and support women in advocacy work to strengthen the voices of HIV+ women in determining policy and advocating for services that directly affect their lives.
Lesbians in North County (LINC)
LINC is a grassroots organization that provides a safe and open environment for women seeking support and social activities. We coordinate social activities, sponsor events, and provide a network for our community. As a collective body, we will be a powerful voice and a visible sign for our integration into the greater community. Click here for additional information regarding the LINC program.
We meet from 7:30-9:00 PM. On the 1st, 2nd, and 4th Friday we meet at the Palomar Unitarian Universalist Fellowship (PUUF) at 1600 Buena Vista Drive, Vista, CA. On the 3rd Friday we meet at the Resource Center.
Women’s Coming Out Support Group - A place for questioning women
We provide a safe haven where gay, bisexual and questioning women can find acceptance, support and a friendly atmosphere. The group will focus on topics such as: understanding feelings of same gender attraction and love; examining stereotypes about lesbians, gays bisexuals and transgendered; incorporating other important aspects of identity (i.e., race/ethnicity, religion, age) into your current self-perception; coming out to friends, family, siblings, co-workers; developing social support; and learning about the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgendered (LGBT) community.
Meets every Saturday at 10:00 AM at the Resource Center.